Microsoft Quantum is looking for a dynamic, fun, and energetic individual to provide stellar support for the Principle Researcher of our quantum lab at the Delft University of Technology. This position requires the ability to take on a variety of roles, work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, and show exquisite attention to detail.
This is a key support role working at our quantum facility in Delft, Netherlands. As a company, we are exploring, researching, and engineering what the future of Quantum Computing might look like. We are developing a corporate R&D effort inside the Delft University of Technology’s quantum research center. This effort will join related efforts at Microsoft, including the quantum architecture and algorithms group (QuarC), in Redmond, Washington, and the quantum theory and research group at Station Q in Santa Barbara, CA, along with a number of affiliated research and engineering groups across the globe.
To be successful, a viable candidate must have demonstrated ability to:
• Support Principal Researcher in a fast-paced environment
• Be self-motivated, have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, exercising sound judgment, tact, diplomacy, integrity and professionalism at all times
• Possess an aptitude to work independently and be comfortable operating with ambiguity
• Multi-task and change direction in rapid response to a fluctuating work environment, and make timely decisions
• Possess solid project-management and problem-solving skills
• Prioritize among multiple projects with a positive attitude
• Anticipate and remove administrative roadblocks
• Achieve results with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
• Develop collaborative relationships with others who have a diverse set of working styles and perspectives
• Be an active member of the admin team (largely Redmond based), working on stretch goals, training and participating in admin team meetings and all hands as able.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Principal Researcher Support -
o Proactively manage Principal Researcher’s calendar, making decisions to prioritize requests based on shifting business priorities, allocating appropriate amount of time, and ensuring that all meeting details are accurate
o Manage/coordinate domestic and international travel plans and agendas end-to-end, including management of all logistics and itineraries
o Work with business management and the CVP’s office to set up meetings, morale events, rhythm of the business (ROB) activities and assist with projects as needed
o ROB calendar management
o Prepare and process expense reports
Business Management Support -
o Ensure compliance of administrative operational policies and procedures
o Process expense report approvals for team members
o Manage headcount, recruiting and onboarding activities
o Maintain and manage HeadTrax transactions for vendors, CSGs and FTEs
o Create and maintain org charts, distribution lists, office maps
o Manage CPH budget (T&E, Computer, Training, Morale dollars), ensuring appropriate spend and budget excellence
Team Support -
o Provide support to Delft MQFab team, as needed
o General team support for All Hands, offsites and morale events (logistics such as room reservation and catering)
o Own and maintain space for team
o New employee setup - Procurement of goods and services, including computer equipment, office supplies, reference materials and facilities requests
• Minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience.
• Proficiency with Microsoft productivity software, including Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Visio, Excel, OneNote, Lync and SharePoint is required.
• A high level of experience with internal Microsoft tools such as HeadTrax, FIM, MSSpace, MSMarket, Assetlink, MyOrder, MSTravel and MSExpense is desired.
• Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, are required.
• The ability to maintain confidentiality is vital. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity. All applications for vacant positions will be welcomed and will be considered on the relative merits of the applicant against the role profile for the position regardless of colour, race, nationality, ethnic origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, parental responsibilities, age, religion, or belief.