Experience Design Consultant
Cognizant’s Agency and Design Services practice in Continental Europe is seeking an Experience Design Consultant to join its growing global practice. The practice engages with clients to create compelling and meaningful experiences that drive brand engagement.
Our work spans Consumer (B2C) and Enterprise (B2B) world covering industries such as banking, healthcare, technology, travel, manufacturing, retail and consumer products. We follow a highly iterative user-centered design approach to empathize with users to discover their needs and desires. We leverage data to generate powerful and actionable insights to design differentiating product and service experiences.
Our practice is one of the largest design services group in the IT consulting industry, with close-knit cross-disciplinary teams comprised of Digital Strategists, Experience Designers, Creative Directors, Digital Marketing Experts and Technologists. We offer exciting global career paths to designers and an opportunity to work with leading brands.
Are you highly creative, but want to get any job done in such a way clients will come back and refer to the high standard the project was produced; come join our growing creative team in Amsterdam.
You are up to speed with the latest trends in the digital field, and are able to come up with ideas that make sense to clients. You ensure the work created by your teams is cohesive, top quality and is in line with and exceeds client expectations. You are active in conversations in the design community. You can inspire and frame ideas from both a creative and a strategic point of view, based on trends, human-centered research and best practices. You are involved in mentoring direct reports and project team contributors.
This is a senior level role, and requires a strong background and experience in design. Experience Design Consultant will help drive industry-defining design solutions for Cognizant’s Fortune 100 clients.
• Hands on design skills with ability to direct high-quality design deliverables for Fortune 100 clients
• Interface with senior client stakeholders to lead pre-sales conversations and design solutions
• Support business development activities like RFP, client workshops, sales pitches, client presentations
• Ability to scope, estimate and plan large scale design projects
• Provide design thought-leadership to clients based on experience design trends and industry insights
• Manage key client relationships on design projects
• Collaborate with development teams (Cognizant and client-side) to ensure pixel-perfect implementation of design solutions
• Hire and mentor team of junior designers
• Contribute to practice development through case studies, blogs, whitepapers, industry POVs and POCs
Required Skills and Experience:
• 10+ Years’ experience in user experience design for global brands
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in design or a related field
• Experience with leading design agencies or consulting companies
• A curious, human-centered, open-minded and experimental approach to design
• Complete familiarity with user-centered design methodology (user research, competitive analysis, personas, journey mapping, design concepts, storytelling, wire framing, creative direction, visual design, rapid prototyping, user validation, design specifications)
• Ability to conduct research (qualitative and quantitative) and analyze data to glean actionable design insights
• Strong sense of visual design principles and creative direction
• Understanding of leading and emerging digital technologies that enable user experiences
• Exceptional storyteller connecting user needs, business opportunity, insights, design concept and benefits
• Design portfolio showcasing a mix of consumer and enterprise design projects (big picture to design details)
• Expertise with leading design tools such as Sketch, InVision, Axure, Balsamiq and Adobe CS
• Ability to work in a fast paced consulting environment and manage multiple projects under tight timelines
• A sense of humor and positive attitude
Fluent in English, Dutch is strongly preferred but not a must have
Flexible to travel in Continental Europe, around 25%
EU passport is a must have because of travel/work in CE