Python Software Engineer @ bloomon
bloomon is a fast-growing online-only flower delivery service with a focus on exceptional floral design and customer service. Since our start in 2014 we’ve become an iconic European flower brand with more than 100k customers across 5 countries. Our Amsterdam HQ is home to a diverse team of 80+ people and growing.
We're now looking for a Python Software Engineer to join our Product and Engineering team, building the software that powers our business. From scaling up our subscription platform to meet a 10x increase in volume and complexity to forecasting the number of Paradisaeidae needed for next month’s delivery, you’ll be surprised at the amount of tech in flowers!
Your day-to-day at bloomon
- Work alongside other developers, product designers, product owners and our broader team of supply chain experts, brand creatives and flower designers to solve real problems for customers and colleagues.
- Own and innovate our core subscription platform and algorithms: order generation, delivery management, invoicing, forecasting, customer data and analytics. Support daily operations whilst discovering and capitalising on opportunities that increase reliability, performance, and real-life efficiency. Ship code daily.
- You love the satisfaction that comes with knowing real people are benefiting from something you’ve created.
- You are curious about business processes and interested in solving operational problems through technology.
- You enjoy brainstorming with your colleagues to find the best trade-offs between quality, speed, and scope.
- Among your technical colleagues, you are known for “leaving the campsite better than you found it” because you’re diligent about improving the codebase.
- You are excited by the idea of working on a huge variety of projects, including balancing the demands of supporting daily operations, steadily improving the product, and making step-changes to the technical platform.
- You value the shared working habits and processes that make for an effective team: writing good tests, giving and receiving code reviews, writing clear documentation, holding retrospectives, etc.
- You are motivated by the opportunity to help shape our technical platform and engineering culture as we grow.